Not going to talk about the streets paved in BMWs, Mercedes' and Maserati s' gleaming BAD plates, men in tailored suit jackets, women in summer cocktail dresses, the large town park of carefree youth and un-leashed dogs, countless art museums such as the Staatliche Kunsthalle, The Baden-Baden Museum & Museum Frieder Burda nor the ever- so- posh Brenner's Park-Hotel. The nostalgic lure of these and so many other unlisted attractions are all worthy to visit. I am going to indulge on the original foundations of Baden-Baden…the thermal springs.
Baden-Baden has two main thermal spas, Caracalla and Friedrichsbad. Caracalla is like an upscale YMCA while Friedrichsbad combines Roman & Irish bathing traditions. This involves 16- steps of wellness incorporating steam rooms, pools, scrub brush massage, lotion station and sleep room all under the decorum of Roman impressionist printings and ancient appeal. The catch? It’s nude and co-ed. Oh, after hearing about the place and much personal contemplation and nervousness, my cloths hit the floor.
My nudity was out…hehe. Friedrichsbad lived up to its reputation…My entire spa experience was quite refreshing. Now, I am no nude spa guru but there were some questionable scenarios that a book on proper nude spa etiquette's would provide informative guidance to patrons:1. Don’t start causal conversation with nude
people you don’t’ know: This French man
was really attempting to have a conversation about America with me… I appreciate your enthusiasm but, sorry I am not trying to talk politics or make friends in the buff.
2. If you come with a spouse or gf/bf, don’t make out in the pools.
People don’t want to see that sh*t nor worry about additional
fluids in the water. Just plain nasty.
3. Hair control- Enough said
I am sure a more extensive list can be made, these however were the incidents I found awkward. All in all, after the small glimpse of living the relaxed and lavish life, I aspire to become BADEN RICH SON! Guess for know I’ll fake it until I make it, with a few future visits to the spa.
For more info see following website:
http://www.roemisch-irisches-bad.de/home/en/index.html
